Identity is the New Perimeter
With the rise of SaaS applications and the public cloud, the network has become just one perimeter of many that an organization needs to secure. Attackers are increasingly targeting users and credentials to gain access to critical resources. The ever-expanding corporate universe makes it hard to differentiate between legitimate users and attackers compromising credentials to blend in.
Defend It With Obsidian
Obsidian is a cloud security solution built to protect identity and access. Obsidian monitors cloud identities to protect against account compromise, access misuse and sprawl. Using the Obsidian SaaS platform, organizations can continuously right-size user access and privileges, detect account takeover and insider threats, and respond to incidents.
OBSIDIAN IDENTITY GRAPH
At the heart of the Obsidian solution is the industry’s first identity graph – a rich, explorable model of identity and access. A graph is the most intuitive way to understand and reason about what users have access to, and what they are doing. Incidentally, it is also how attackers think about navigating the environment to get to critical systems and assets. The Obsidian Identity Graph distills the signal from the noise and provides unique insights into threats, incidents and poor hygiene. Are particular patterns of access risky or suspicious? Should they be allowed? Do some users have privileges beyond what is typical in their peer group? Can privileges be adjusted to reduce security risk?
Obsidian automatically extracts accounts, privileges, configurations and activity from applications and cloud environments. The platform sanitizes, normalizes and synthesizes this data to construct the identity graph.
OBSIDIAN PLATFORM CAPABILITIES
Obsidian delivers observability of identity and access across cloud applications and services. Continuously monitor activity and be alerted to threats and hygiene issues. Right-size access and privileges based on usage.
- Centralized activity monitoring across cloud applications and services
- Powerful search and filtering to find users, applications, and data of interest
- Visibility at different levels of granularity (zoom in/zoom out)
- Automatic retrieval and storage of data from cloud services with just a couple of clicks
- Normalized data model available to download via API – it’s your data; use it as you want to.
The Obsidian platform generates alerts to help identify risky behavior, policy violations, and potential attacks based on rule-based triggers and machine learning. In addition, the platform also aggregates alerts from the applications it monitors.
- Built-in rules to alert on risky behavior, policy violations, and anomalous activity
- Machine learning models that flag unexpected or outlier behavior
- Prioritized alerts to reduce alert fatigue for overburdened security teams
- Remediation recommendations that guide to successful response
Obsidian implements rich analytics built on the Obsidian Identity Graph that enables effective identity posture management, cloud threat detection and privileged activity monitoring. Get unique insights around application usage, emerging threats and risky behavior.
- Reports and dashboards tailored to the needs of different people in the organization
- Insights at the individual, peer group, and organizational level
- Data visualizations that convey rich information in intuitive ways
- Ability to customize reports based on needs
Obsidian provides a consolidated view into what users have done in cloud applications and services. Using this, organizations can effectively investigate incidents, gather evidence to support incident response efforts, and prove enforcement of user access policies such as separation of duty (SoD) for compliance and governance.
- Uniform single-pane view of user and account activity across applications and services
- Ability to filter and search by user, timeframe, location, and application, etc.